Thursday, August 27, 2009

Free Bible Email - NIV Daily Email

Home - Free Bible Email Free Bible Email
The Heart of God - Free Bible Email Email - Free Bible Email Prayer - Free Bible Email Articles - Free Bible Email Word - Free Bible Email Testimonies - Free Bible Email Donation - Free Bible Email



NEW TESTAMENT

Luke 21:1 through Luke 21:38 (NIV)
1As he looked up, Jesus saw the rich putting their gifts into the temple treasury. 2He also saw a poor widow put in two very small copper coins. 3
"I tell you the truth," he said, "this poor widow has put in more than all the others. 4All these people gave their gifts out of their wealth; but she out of her poverty put in all she had to live on."

5Some of his disciples were remarking about how the temple was adorned with beautiful stones and with gifts dedicated to God. But Jesus said, 6"As for what you see here, the time will come when not one stone will be left on another; every one of them will be thrown down."

7"Teacher," they asked, "when will these things happen? And what will be the sign that they are about to take place?"

8He replied:
"Watch out that you are not deceived. For many will come in my name, claiming, 'I am he,' and, 'The time is near.' Do not follow them. 9When you hear of wars and revolutions, do not be frightened. These things must happen first, but the end will not come right away."

10Then he said to them: "Nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom. 11There will be great earthquakes, famines and pestilences in various places, and fearful events and great signs from heaven.

12"But before all this, they will lay hands on you and persecute you. They will deliver you to synagogues and prisons, and you will be brought before kings and governors, and all on account of my name. 13This will result in your being witnesses to them. 14But make up your mind not to worry beforehand how you will defend yourselves. 15For I will give you words and wisdom that none of your adversaries will be able to resist or contradict. 16You will be betrayed even by parents, brothers, relatives and friends, and they will put some of you to death. 17All men will hate you because of me. 18But not a hair of your head will perish. 19By standing firm you will gain life.

20"When you see Jerusalem being surrounded by armies, you will know that its desolation is near. 21Then let those who are in Judea flee to the mountains, let those in the city get out, and let those in the country not enter the city. 22For this is the time of punishment in fulfillment of all that has been written. 23How dreadful it will be in those days for pregnant women and nursing mothers! There will be great distress in the land and wrath against this people. 24They will fall by the sword and will be taken as prisoners to all the nations. Jerusalem will be trampled on by the Gentiles until the times of the Gentiles are fulfilled.

25"There will be signs in the sun, moon and stars. On the earth, nations will be in anguish and perplexity at the roaring and tossing of the sea. 26Men will faint from terror, apprehensive of what is coming on the world, for the heavenly bodies will be shaken. 27At that time they will see the Son of Man coming in a cloud with power and great glory. 28When these things begin to take place, stand up and lift up your heads, because your redemption is drawing near."

29He told them this parable: "Look at the fig tree and all the trees. 30When they sprout leaves, you can see for yourselves and know that summer is near. 31Even so, when you see these things happening, you know that the kingdom of God is near.

32"I tell you the truth, this generation will certainly not pass away until all these things have happened. 33Heaven and earth will pass away, but my words will never pass away.

34"Be careful, or your hearts will be weighed down with dissipation, drunkenness and the anxieties of life, and that day will close on you unexpectedly like a trap. 35For it will come upon all those who live on the face of the whole earth. 36Be always on the watch, and pray that you may be able to escape all that is about to happen, and that you may be able to stand before the Son of Man."

37Each day Jesus was teaching at the temple, and each evening he went out to spend the night on the hill called the Mount of Olives, 38and all the people came early in the morning to hear him at the temple.

PSALMS OR PROVERBS

Psalm 58:1 through Psalm 58:11 (NIV)
1 Do you rulers indeed speak justly?

Do you judge uprightly among men?

2 No, in your heart you devise injustice,

and your hands mete out violence on the earth.

3 Even from birth the wicked go astray;

from the womb they are wayward and speak lies.

4 Their venom is like the venom of a snake,

like that of a cobra that has stopped its ears,

5 that will not heed the tune of the charmer,

however skillful the enchanter may be.

6 Break the teeth in their mouths, O God;

tear out, O LORD, the fangs of the lions!

7 Let them vanish like water that flows away;

when they draw the bow, let their arrows be blunted.

8 Like a slug melting away as it moves along,

like a stillborn child, may they not see the sun.

9 Before your pots can feel the heat of the thorns—

whether they be green or dry—the wicked will be swept away.

10 The righteous will be glad when they are avenged,

when they bathe their feet in the blood of the wicked.

11 Then men will say,

"Surely the righteous still are rewarded;

surely there is a God who judges the earth."


OLD TESTAMENT

Job 33:1 through Job 33:33 (NIV)
1 "But now, Job, listen to my words;

pay attention to everything I say.

2 I am about to open my mouth;

my words are on the tip of my tongue.

3 My words come from an upright heart;

my lips sincerely speak what I know.

4 The Spirit of God has made me;

the breath of the Almighty gives me life.

5 Answer me then, if you can;

prepare yourself and confront me.

6 I am just like you before God;

I too have been taken from clay.

7 No fear of me should alarm you,

nor should my hand be heavy upon you.

8 "But you have said in my hearing—

I heard the very words—

9 'I am pure and without sin;

I am clean and free from guilt.

10 Yet God has found fault with me;

he considers me his enemy.

11 He fastens my feet in shackles;

he keeps close watch on all my paths.'

12 "But I tell you, in this you are not right,

for God is greater than man.

13 Why do you complain to him

that he answers none of man's words?

14 For God does speak—now one way, now another—

though man may not perceive it.

15 In a dream, in a vision of the night,

when deep sleep falls on men

as they slumber in their beds,

16 he may speak in their ears

and terrify them with warnings,

17 to turn man from wrongdoing

and keep him from pride,

18 to preserve his soul from the pit,

his life from perishing by the sword.

19 Or a man may be chastened on a bed of pain

with constant distress in his bones,

20 so that his very being finds food repulsive

and his soul loathes the choicest meal.

21 His flesh wastes away to nothing,

and his bones, once hidden, now stick out.

22 His soul draws near to the pit,

and his life to the messengers of death.

23 "Yet if there is an angel on his side

as a mediator, one out of a thousand,

to tell a man what is right for him,

24 to be gracious to him and say,

'Spare him from going down to the pit;

I have found a ransom for him'—

25 then his flesh is renewed like a child's;

it is restored as in the days of his youth.

26 He prays to God and finds favor with him,

he sees God's face and shouts for joy;

he is restored by God to his righteous state.

27 Then he comes to men and says,

'I sinned, and perverted what was right,

but I did not get what I deserved.

28 He redeemed my soul from going down to the pit,

and I will live to enjoy the light.'

29 "God does all these things to a man—

twice, even three times—

30 to turn back his soul from the pit,

that the light of life may shine on him.

31 "Pay attention, Job, and listen to me;

be silent, and I will speak.

32 If you have anything to say, answer me;

speak up, for I want you to be cleared.

33 But if not, then listen to me;

be silent, and I will teach you wisdom."


Job 34:1 through Job 34:37 (NIV)
1Then Elihu said:

2 "Hear my words, you wise men;

listen to me, you men of learning.

3 For the ear tests words

as the tongue tastes food.

4 Let us discern for ourselves what is right;

let us learn together what is good.

5 "Job says, 'I am innocent,

but God denies me justice.

6 Although I am right,

I am considered a liar;

although I am guiltless,

his arrow inflicts an incurable wound.'

7 What man is like Job,

who drinks scorn like water?

8 He keeps company with evildoers;

he associates with wicked men.

9 For he says, 'It profits a man nothing

when he tries to please God.'

10 "So listen to me, you men of understanding.

Far be it from God to do evil,

from the Almighty to do wrong.

11 He repays a man for what he has done;

he brings upon him what his conduct deserves.

12 It is unthinkable that God would do wrong,

that the Almighty would pervert justice.

13 Who appointed him over the earth?

Who put him in charge of the whole world?

14 If it were his intention

and he withdrew his spirit and breath,

15 all mankind would perish together

and man would return to the dust.

16 "If you have understanding, hear this;

listen to what I say.

17 Can he who hates justice govern?

Will you condemn the just and mighty One?

18 Is he not the One who says to kings, 'You are worthless,'

and to nobles, 'You are wicked,'

19 who shows no partiality to princes

and does not favor the rich over the poor,

for they are all the work of his hands?

20 They die in an instant, in the middle of the night;

the people are shaken and they pass away;

the mighty are removed without human hand.

21 "His eyes are on the ways of men;

he sees their every step.

22 There is no dark place, no deep shadow,

where evildoers can hide.

23 God has no need to examine men further,

that they should come before him for judgment.

24 Without inquiry he shatters the mighty

and sets up others in their place.

25 Because he takes note of their deeds,

he overthrows them in the night and they are crushed.

26 He punishes them for their wickedness

where everyone can see them,

27 because they turned from following him

and had no regard for any of his ways.

28 They caused the cry of the poor to come before him,

so that he heard the cry of the needy.

29 But if he remains silent, who can condemn him?

If he hides his face, who can see him?

Yet he is over man and nation alike,

30 to keep a godless man from ruling,

from laying snares for the people.

31 "Suppose a man says to God,

'I am guilty but will offend no more.

32 Teach me what I cannot see;

if I have done wrong, I will not do so again.'

33 Should God then reward you on your terms,

when you refuse to repent?

You must decide, not I;

so tell me what you know.

34 "Men of understanding declare,

wise men who hear me say to me,

35 'Job speaks without knowledge;

his words lack insight.'

36 Oh, that Job might be tested to the utmost

for answering like a wicked man!

37 To his sin he adds rebellion;

scornfully he claps his hands among us

and multiplies his words against God."

Official PayPal Seal Expressions of Love Read More...

To make a donation via Pay Pal:

Or Send Check or Money-Order to:
Free Bible Email
PO Box 79275
Fort Worth, TX 76179-0275



PLEASE PRAY that FREE BIBLE EMAIL will reach One Million People with the Bible through the Internet. And that we will all grow in the knowledge of God, and of Jesus our Lord. Learn more about the  Free Bible Email Vision at www.freebibleemail.com and click on "Vision".



John 16:33 These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.

At one time or another every Christian needs prayer. Please come and pray for those that have a need at the Free Bible Email Prayer Page at www.freebibleemail.com and click on "Prayer".



You can Subscribe or Unsubscribe to this Email at

http://freebibleemail.com




In Him
Mark and Carla Gilbert

2 Peter 1:2 Grace and peace be multiplied unto you through the knowledge of God, and of Jesus our Lord.


Are your family and friends ready for heaven?? Get them a copy of the note  The Heart of God at www.freebibleemail.com and click on "The Heart of God".

Copyright © 2007 by Free Bible Email - All rights reserved.

---

No comments:

Post a Comment