Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Free Bible Email - NIV Daily Email

Home - Free Bible Email Free Bible Email
The Heart of God - Free Bible Email Email - Free Bible Email Prayer - Free Bible Email Articles - Free Bible Email Word - Free Bible Email Testimonies - Free Bible Email Donation - Free Bible Email



NEW TESTAMENT

Revelation 1:1 through Revelation 1:20 (NIV)
1The revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave him to show his servants what must soon take place. He made it known by sending his angel to his servant John, 2who testifies to everything he saw—that is, the word of God and the testimony of Jesus Christ. 3Blessed is the one who reads the words of this prophecy, and blessed are those who hear it and take to heart what is written in it, because the time is near.


4John,

To the seven churches in the province of Asia:

Grace and peace to you from him who is, and who was, and who is to come, and from the seven spirits before his throne, 5and from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, the firstborn from the dead, and the ruler of the kings of the earth.

To him who loves us and has freed us from our sins by his blood, 6and has made us to be a kingdom and priests to serve his God and Father—to him be glory and power for ever and ever! Amen.

7 Look, he is coming with the clouds,

and every eye will see him,

even those who pierced him;

and all the peoples of the earth will mourn because of him.

So shall it be! Amen.

8
"I am the Alpha and the Omega," says the Lord God, "who is, and who was, and who is to come, the Almighty."

9I, John, your brother and companion in the suffering and kingdom and patient endurance that are ours in Jesus, was on the island of Patmos because of the word of God and the testimony of Jesus. 10On the Lord's Day I was in the Spirit, and I heard behind me a loud voice like a trumpet, 11which said: "Write on a scroll what you see and send it to the seven churches: to Ephesus, Smyrna, Pergamum, Thyatira, Sardis, Philadelphia and Laodicea."

12I turned around to see the voice that was speaking to me. And when I turned I saw seven golden lampstands, 13and among the lampstands was someone "like a son of man," dressed in a robe reaching down to his feet and with a golden sash around his chest. 14His head and hair were white like wool, as white as snow, and his eyes were like blazing fire. 15His feet were like bronze glowing in a furnace, and his voice was like the sound of rushing waters. 16In his right hand he held seven stars, and out of his mouth came a sharp double-edged sword. His face was like the sun shining in all its brilliance.

17When I saw him, I fell at his feet as though dead. Then he placed his right hand on me and said:
"Do not be afraid. I am the First and the Last. 18I am the Living One; I was dead, and behold I am alive for ever and ever! And I hold the keys of death and Hades.

19"Write, therefore, what you have seen, what is now and what will take place later. 20The mystery of the seven stars that you saw in my right hand and of the seven golden lampstands is this: The seven stars are the angels of the seven churches, and the seven lampstands are the seven churches.


Revelation 2:1 through Revelation 2:29 (NIV)
1
"To the angel of the church in Ephesus write:

These are the words of him who holds the seven stars in his right hand and walks among the seven golden lampstands:
2I know your deeds, your hard work and your perseverance. I know that you cannot tolerate wicked men, that you have tested those who claim to be apostles but are not, and have found them false. 3You have persevered and have endured hardships for my name, and have not grown weary.

4Yet I hold this against you: You have forsaken your first love. 5Remember the height from which you have fallen! Repent and do the things you did at first. If you do not repent, I will come to you and remove your lampstand from its place. 6But you have this in your favor: You hate the practices of the Nicolaitans, which I also hate.

7He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches. To him who overcomes, I will give the right to eat from the tree of life, which is in the paradise of God.

8"To the angel of the church in Smyrna write:

These are the words of him who is the First and the Last, who died and came to life again.
9I know your afflictions and your poverty—yet you are rich! I know the slander of those who say they are Jews and are not, but are a synagogue of Satan. 10Do not be afraid of what you are about to suffer. I tell you, the devil will put some of you in prison to test you, and you will suffer persecution for ten days. Be faithful, even to the point of death, and I will give you the crown of life.

11He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches. He who overcomes will not be hurt at all by the second death.

12"To the angel of the church in Pergamum write:

These are the words of him who has the sharp, double-edged sword.
13I know where you live—where Satan has his throne. Yet you remain true to my name. You did not renounce your faith in me, even in the days of Antipas, my faithful witness, who was put to death in your city—where Satan lives.

14Nevertheless, I have a few things against you: You have people there who hold to the teaching of Balaam, who taught Balak to entice the Israelites to sin by eating food sacrificed to idols and by committing sexual immorality. 15Likewise you also have those who hold to the teaching of the Nicolaitans. 16Repent therefore! Otherwise, I will soon come to you and will fight against them with the sword of my mouth.

17He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches. To him who overcomes, I will give some of the hidden manna. I will also give him a white stone with a new name written on it, known only to him who receives it.

18"To the angel of the church in Thyatira write:

These are the words of the Son of God, whose eyes are like blazing fire and whose feet are like burnished bronze.
19I know your deeds, your love and faith, your service and perseverance, and that you are now doing more than you did at first.

20Nevertheless, I have this against you: You tolerate that woman Jezebel, who calls herself a prophetess. By her teaching she misleads my servants into sexual immorality and the eating of food sacrificed to idols. 21I have given her time to repent of her immorality, but she is unwilling. 22So I will cast her on a bed of suffering, and I will make those who commit adultery with her suffer intensely, unless they repent of her ways. 23I will strike her children dead. Then all the churches will know that I am he who searches hearts and minds, and I will repay each of you according to your deeds. 24Now I say to the rest of you in Thyatira, to you who do not hold to her teaching and have not learned Satan's so-called deep secrets (I will not impose any other burden on you): 25Only hold on to what you have until I come.

26To him who overcomes and does my will to the end, I will give authority over the nations—

27 'He will rule them with an iron scepter;

he will dash them to pieces like pottery'—

just as I have received authority from my Father.
28I will also give him the morning star. 29He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches.

PSALMS OR PROVERBS

Proverbs 23:1 through Proverbs 23:35 (NIV)
1 When you sit to dine with a ruler,

note well what is before you,

2 and put a knife to your throat

if you are given to gluttony.

3 Do not crave his delicacies,

for that food is deceptive.

4 Do not wear yourself out to get rich;

have the wisdom to show restraint.

5 Cast but a glance at riches, and they are gone,

for they will surely sprout wings

and fly off to the sky like an eagle.

6 Do not eat the food of a stingy man,

do not crave his delicacies;

7 for he is the kind of man

who is always thinking about the cost.

"Eat and drink," he says to you,

but his heart is not with you.

8 You will vomit up the little you have eaten

and will have wasted your compliments.

9 Do not speak to a fool,

for he will scorn the wisdom of your words.

10 Do not move an ancient boundary stone

or encroach on the fields of the fatherless,

11 for their Defender is strong;

he will take up their case against you.

12 Apply your heart to instruction

and your ears to words of knowledge.

13 Do not withhold discipline from a child;

if you punish him with the rod, he will not die.

14 Punish him with the rod

and save his soul from death.

15 My son, if your heart is wise,

then my heart will be glad;

16 my inmost being will rejoice

when your lips speak what is right.

17 Do not let your heart envy sinners,

but always be zealous for the fear of the LORD.

18 There is surely a future hope for you,

and your hope will not be cut off.

19 Listen, my son, and be wise,

and keep your heart on the right path.

20 Do not join those who drink too much wine

or gorge themselves on meat,

21 for drunkards and gluttons become poor,

and drowsiness clothes them in rags.

22 Listen to your father, who gave you life,

and do not despise your mother when she is old.

23 Buy the truth and do not sell it;

get wisdom, discipline and understanding.

24 The father of a righteous man has great joy;

he who has a wise son delights in him.

25 May your father and mother be glad;

may she who gave you birth rejoice!

26 My son, give me your heart

and let your eyes keep to my ways,

27 for a prostitute is a deep pit

and a wayward wife is a narrow well.

28 Like a bandit she lies in wait,

and multiplies the unfaithful among men.

29 Who has woe? Who has sorrow?

Who has strife? Who has complaints?

Who has needless bruises? Who has bloodshot eyes?

30 Those who linger over wine,

who go to sample bowls of mixed wine.

31 Do not gaze at wine when it is red,

when it sparkles in the cup,

when it goes down smoothly!

32 In the end it bites like a snake

and poisons like a viper.

33 Your eyes will see strange sights

and your mind imagine confusing things.

34 You will be like one sleeping on the high seas,

lying on top of the rigging.

35 "They hit me," you will say, "but I'm not hurt!

They beat me, but I don't feel it!

When will I wake up

so I can find another drink?"


OLD TESTAMENT

Micah 5:1 through Micah 5:15 (NIV)
1 Marshal your troops, O city of troops,


for a siege is laid against us.

They will strike Israel's ruler

on the cheek with a rod.

2 "But you, Bethlehem Ephrathah,

though you are small among the clans of Judah,

out of you will come for me

one who will be ruler over Israel,

whose origins are from of old,

from ancient times."

3 Therefore Israel will be abandoned

until the time when she who is in labor gives birth

and the rest of his brothers return

to join the Israelites.

4 He will stand and shepherd his flock

in the strength of the LORD,

in the majesty of the name of the LORD his God.

And they will live securely, for then his greatness

will reach to the ends of the earth.

5 And he will be their peace.

When the Assyrian invades our land

and marches through our fortresses,

we will raise against him seven shepherds,

even eight leaders of men.

6 They will rule the land of Assyria with the sword,

the land of Nimrod with drawn sword.

He will deliver us from the Assyrian

when he invades our land

and marches into our borders.

7 The remnant of Jacob will be

in the midst of many peoples

like dew from the LORD,

like showers on the grass,

which do not wait for man

or linger for mankind.

8 The remnant of Jacob will be among the nations,

in the midst of many peoples,

like a lion among the beasts of the forest,

like a young lion among flocks of sheep,

which mauls and mangles as it goes,

and no one can rescue.

9 Your hand will be lifted up in triumph over your enemies,

and all your foes will be destroyed.

10 "In that day," declares the LORD,

"I will destroy your horses from among you

and demolish your chariots.

11 I will destroy the cities of your land

and tear down all your strongholds.

12 I will destroy your witchcraft

and you will no longer cast spells.

13 I will destroy your carved images

and your sacred stones from among you;

you will no longer bow down

to the work of your hands.

14 I will uproot from among you your Asherah poles

and demolish your cities.

15 I will take vengeance in anger and wrath

upon the nations that have not obeyed me."


Micah 6:1 through Micah 6:16 (NIV)
1Listen to what the LORD says:

"Stand up, plead your case before the mountains;

let the hills hear what you have to say.

2 Hear, O mountains, the LORD'S accusation;

listen, you everlasting foundations of the earth.

For the LORD has a case against his people;

he is lodging a charge against Israel.

3 "My people, what have I done to you?

How have I burdened you? Answer me.

4 I brought you up out of Egypt

and redeemed you from the land of slavery.

I sent Moses to lead you,

also Aaron and Miriam.

5 My people, remember

what Balak king of Moab counseled

and what Balaam son of Beor answered.

Remember your journey from Shittim to Gilgal,

that you may know the righteous acts of the LORD."

6 With what shall I come before the LORD

and bow down before the exalted God?

Shall I come before him with burnt offerings,

with calves a year old?

7 Will the LORD be pleased with thousands of rams,

with ten thousand rivers of oil?

Shall I offer my firstborn for my transgression,

the fruit of my body for the sin of my soul?

8 He has showed you, O man, what is good.

And what does the LORD require of you?

To act justly and to love mercy

and to walk humbly with your God.

9 Listen! The LORD is calling to the city—

and to fear your name is wisdom—

"Heed the rod and the One who appointed it.

10 Am I still to forget, O wicked house,

your ill-gotten treasures

and the short ephah, which is accursed?

11 Shall I acquit a man with dishonest scales,

with a bag of false weights?

12 Her rich men are violent;

her people are liars

and their tongues speak deceitfully.

13 Therefore, I have begun to destroy you,

to ruin you because of your sins.

14 You will eat but not be satisfied;

your stomach will still be empty.

You will store up but save nothing,

because what you save I will give to the sword.

15 You will plant but not harvest;

you will press olives but not use the oil on yourselves,

you will crush grapes but not drink the wine.

16 You have observed the statutes of Omri

and all the practices of Ahab's house,

and you have followed their traditions.

Therefore I will give you over to ruin

and your people to derision;

you will bear the scorn of the nations."


Micah 7:1 through Micah 7:20 (NIV)
1 What misery is mine!

I am like one who gathers summer fruit

at the gleaning of the vineyard;

there is no cluster of grapes to eat,

none of the early figs that I crave.

2 The godly have been swept from the land;

not one upright man remains.

All men lie in wait to shed blood;

each hunts his brother with a net.

3 Both hands are skilled in doing evil;

the ruler demands gifts,

the judge accepts bribes,

the powerful dictate what they desire—

they all conspire together.

4 The best of them is like a brier,

the most upright worse than a thorn hedge.

The day of your watchmen has come,

the day God visits you.

Now is the time of their confusion.

5 Do not trust a neighbor;

put no confidence in a friend.

Even with her who lies in your embrace

be careful of your words.

6 For a son dishonors his father,

a daughter rises up against her mother,

a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law—

a man's enemies are the members of his own household.

7 But as for me, I watch in hope for the LORD,

I wait for God my Savior;

my God will hear me.

8 Do not gloat over me, my enemy!

Though I have fallen, I will rise.

Though I sit in darkness,

the LORD will be my light.

9 Because I have sinned against him,

I will bear the LORD'S wrath,

until he pleads my case

and establishes my right.

He will bring me out into the light;

I will see his righteousness.

10 Then my enemy will see it

and will be covered with shame,

she who said to me,

"Where is the LORD your God?"

My eyes will see her downfall;

even now she will be trampled underfoot

like mire in the streets.

11 The day for building your walls will come,

the day for extending your boundaries.

12 In that day people will come to you

from Assyria and the cities of Egypt,

even from Egypt to the Euphrates

and from sea to sea

and from mountain to mountain.

13 The earth will become desolate because of its inhabitants,

as the result of their deeds.

14 Shepherd your people with your staff,

the flock of your inheritance,

which lives by itself in a forest,

in fertile pasturelands.

Let them feed in Bashan and Gilead

as in days long ago.

15 "As in the days when you came out of Egypt,

I will show them my wonders."

16 Nations will see and be ashamed,

deprived of all their power.

They will lay their hands on their mouths

and their ears will become deaf.

17 They will lick dust like a snake,

like creatures that crawl on the ground.

They will come trembling out of their dens;

they will turn in fear to the LORD our God

and will be afraid of you.

18 Who is a God like you,

who pardons sin and forgives the transgression

of the remnant of his inheritance?

You do not stay angry forever

but delight to show mercy.

19 You will again have compassion on us;

you will tread our sins underfoot

and hurl all our iniquities into the depths of the sea.

20 You will be true to Jacob,

and show mercy to Abraham,

as you pledged on oath to our fathers

in days long ago.

Official PayPal Seal Expressions of Love Read More...

To make a donation via Pay Pal:

Or Send Check or Money-Order to:
Free Bible Email
PO Box 79275
Fort Worth, TX 76179-0275



PLEASE PRAY that FREE BIBLE EMAIL will reach One Million People with the Bible through the Internet. And that we will all grow in the knowledge of God, and of Jesus our Lord. Learn more about the  Free Bible Email Vision at www.freebibleemail.com and click on "Vision".



John 16:33 These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.

At one time or another every Christian needs prayer. Please come and pray for those that have a need at the Free Bible Email Prayer Page at www.freebibleemail.com and click on "Prayer".



You can Subscribe or Unsubscribe to this Email at

http://freebibleemail.com




In Him
Mark and Carla Gilbert

2 Peter 1:2 Grace and peace be multiplied unto you through the knowledge of God, and of Jesus our Lord.


Are your family and friends ready for heaven?? Get them a copy of the note  The Heart of God at www.freebibleemail.com and click on "The Heart of God".

Copyright © 2007 by Free Bible Email - All rights reserved.

---

No comments:

Post a Comment